Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, February 7, 2010

This week in Florida

It’s been a busy week for me.  On Monday I gave blood for the first time ever.  It was a bit scary.  They tried my left arm and all they got were big blood clots.  It was really scary when the tech said “this is the largest one I’ve ever seen”  Made me wonder if I had a problem.  They said not to worry and tried the other arm.  It did okay that time and I was done in no time at all.  Here’s a goofy photo.

Who say’s it’s clean down here.  When you think of Florida you think white sand and nice and clean.  Wrong.  Little Miss Katie is getting absolutely black, especially her legs, tummy, and feet.  We had to get her groomed.  Here is a before and after photo.

Before: she’s more gray than white!

After:  She’s white again (at least for a day or two)

I hope you can see the difference.

I love this campground.  I managed to get into the painted class that I wanted to do so badly.  It’s 3 hours a week for 3 weeks.  She only takes 10 but since I was the only other one waiting, she let me join.  It’s a pen and ink painting.  You trace the design and then ink it.  Finally you paint it.  Here is the one I’m doing.

 

This is what I had done after the first class.  I’ve traced the design and am doing the ink lines.

On Thursday, Kim O and I went to see the Lipizzaner stallions in training at their Florida stable.  These are the young stallions they are training to be future stars in their show.  Kim and I got some great photos.  These are just a few.

Rick and I have been to one of their shows at the civic center in Wheeling.  If you’ve never seen one, it’s a great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment