Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, February 22, 2010

Still in Florida

We’ve decided to stay in Florida until March 15.  It’s still pretty snowy at home and we’re hoping it will be gone by then.  Second, we’d like to see some typical weather while we’re here.  It’s been really a cold month for this area – 30’s  at night and only 50’s & 60 maybe during the day.  Usually it’s about 75 to 80 at this time I’m told.  We’ve been mainly wearing jeans, sweaters, and jackets.  I’d like to wear my summer clothes and get some warm sunshine before I head back to the cold.  I’m not really complaining though, 50’s is much better than the snow and ice at home.

Because of all the dirt and a disagreement with the groomer here Katie has now been completely shaved.  The first few days were still chilly and she shook constantly.  Fortunately I brought her winter sweater and we keep her covered up at night. (She wakes me up with her shaking when she get out from under the blanket).  So here’s my black and white hound dog!!

Thursday night was Talent night at the campground.  I was expecting people to just play their instruments, sing and joke around a little.  But WOW!  The talent in this campground is amazing.  A lot of these people are professionals.  I couldn’t get many photos – I was too far back and the lights too dim.  I did manage to get two decent photos.  The guys in the chorus and the guys playing their instruments.  One lady sang with the big bands in the 40’s & 50’s and boy was she good.   Here are the two photos I did manage to get.

 

On Friday, we went to Fisherman’s Village in Punta Gorda with Tom & Kim for dinner.  It’s full of shops and restaurants under one roof with apartments on the second floor.  It’s on the harbor and has lots of boats.  I managed to get a couple of shots of some pelicans on the piers.  These are basically the first I’ve seen this year.  Of course, we’re several miles inland.  I see lots of vultures, but not too many other birds at the campground.

 

Of course I also got a photo of Rick and Tom playing around at the wharf.

We went to the super huge flea market in Fort Myers Sunday.  All I can say is it was huge and lots of people were there.  We didn’t pick up anything.   That’s all I need more junk. 

Things are winding down a bit as people start to pack up and go home.  There’s still a few things we want to see before we leave.  I’ll try to get some photos if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment