Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine’s Day

We had several things happen this week and we took lots of photos.  First we went to Fort Myers to see the manatee’s.  We’ve never gotten to see one while we were here.  They are very gentle and since it’s been a bit chilly here, they’re hanging out in the warm waters near the power plant.  See the white on it’s back.  That’s where boat propellers have hit it.  Almost all the manatee’s have scars on them.  People seem to pay little attention to the boat speed limit and manatee signs in the rivers.

On Wednesday I had another painting class.  I had worked on my painting last weekend to get all the lines inked in so I would be ready to start the painting this week.  Here’s what it looked like before class.

This is what it looks like after class.  I have to finish the leaves and the background this coming Wednesday and then it will be finished.  I’m delighted with it.

On Thursday after visiting with Tom & Kim the pavilion was all decorated when we pulled into the parking lot.  It was the Valentine Party.  None of the people we have made friends with mentioned going so Rick and I didn’t sign up.   Some of them stopped by and said to come on over they had brought plenty so we did go over for a while.  These are the photos I took.

These are some of the new friends we’ve made while at the park.  Most of these are the campers around us.  They are mainly from Wisconsin and Michigan.

Here’s another group photo but not very good!

On Friday we went bowling again.  Rick bowled much better than last week, but my left leg was cramping up so I quit after the first game.

Did I mention it’s been chilly here?  We’ve been wearing  jeans, jackets, and sweaters alot.  We also have to turn on the heat at night.  I think it was 36 this morning when I took Katie out.  On Friday while we were bowling it poured the rain and we had a windstorm.  When we got home Friday night after dinner we found our awning had collapsed.  We’re not sure whether our insurance covers it or not.  We’ll find out Monday.  We had to take it down so I took photos in case it is covered.

The bent bars in this photo are supposed to be straight!

Apparently between the wind and the weight of the water (it rained alot), it was too much.

On Saturday it was “Paws in the Park”.  Sort of a dog show and seminar.  I entered Katie in the shortest tail category but her’s is about 3 inches and the winner was less than an inch.  So she didn’t even place.  We didn’t even get to walk across the stage because they had to measure her tail the day before and the winner was already chosen.  This is my favorite dog in the park besides Katie.  His name is Rusty and he is a Golden Doodle which is a mix of Golden Retriever and standard Poodle.  He’s only 6 months old and a doll.  I may steal him before I leave.

One of the other categories was “looks most like owner”.  Rick had to take down the awning but he got there in time to snap a few photos.  Here are two from that category.

These were the winners in the category.  The second one is darling!  The owner dressed up to look like his dog.

 

If I have any photos next week I’ll try to post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment